Saturday, January 3, 2009

Tessa Marie Hunter

Monday morning we arrived at the hospital bright and early. By 5:45 we were ready to go and just waiting for our turn. We were lucky to be the first scheduled C-Section of the day so we didn't have to wait long. I was really nervous because I had such a terrible time when Jordyn was born, but things went really well. Tessa was born at 6:53. The first thing I heard the doctor say was, "WOW! She has a huge head. Of course in my mind I was thinking pumpkin head and toothpick body.... Then Jason told me that she had a TON of hair, and boy does she. She weighed 8 lbs. 6 oz. and was 18 1/2 inches long. I was expecting another little baby. Jordyn was only 6 lbs. 11 oz. so Tessa was a lot bigger. So far she has been a great baby. She is a little backwards with daytime and nighttime, but most babies are. Jordyn is adjusting a lot better than we thought she would. She loves her sister and is very protective. She doesn't like anybody to hold the baby except for Mom and Dad. Jason and I are so blessed to have two beautiful, healthy daughters. We know that we're pretty lucky and are enjoying every minute!

6 comments:

Hilary said...

Congratulations! I love the hair! So cute. I'm glad your other daughter is adjusting well too. I hope you recover quickly!

camille said...

She is gorgeous! Congrats you two, and to the 'big sister'!

Abbie said...

I can't believe all that hair!! She is beautiful. Congrats :)

Diana and Fam said...

She is so cute! Congrats on a great delivery! Love the hair!

Jess said...

Congrats!!! She is gorgeous.

Carolina said...

Felicidades,ya tienes dos hermosas nenas!!:)