Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What's Going On

Dear Blog Reader,

Well, I feel like it's been awhile. It seems like there's always much more that I want to say than I do, and yet, never enough time to do it. I'm very grateful that you take the time to read all that I have to say even if it's not much at all. Thanks for being apart of my life...you're the best!

I want to let you know what we've been up to. This summer has been so fun and so busy. I'm not sure that I'd like it to end, but I am very tired. Other than being tired, I'm doing pretty good. Of course, some days are better than others, but life is really good. I love my girls and how much they make me laugh. But, with all the fun times there are some things I wish I could change. I wish I could be a little more dedicated in dropping some pounds. I wish I had more control over my spending habits. I am terrible at saving money. I also wish I could get a handle on my mood swings. I guess that just comes with being a girl.

Jason is doing really good. School is about to start up again and I'm not sure either one of us is ready for that to happen. He'll be a busy boy. It looks like each week he'll have 7 hours of class, 7 hours at a tax lab, 40 hours of work, lots of homework, and a wife and two kids to spend time with. (Good luck to him!) He's been working in our yard and playing with his bow. He is fun to watch with the girls. He also had his 26th birthday. I bought him all the Harry Potter movies on DVD. We haven't even opened them yet. Jason is a great person. I'm thankful for all his hard work and love. He is definitely a keeper.

Jordyn is just her busy self. She is talking so much now. She loves to sing and she knows the actions to a lot of songs. My new favorite is "Book of Mormon Stories". She is super cute to watch and play with. She is doing really good with out a bottle, but still won't budge when it come to her binky. I love that she is really becoming a mama's girl. She will sit on my lap and cuddle now...it's awesome. Her birthday is coming up on the 9th of August. Two already, how time flies! Jordyn is our little mommy. She loves to clean and cook. Jordyn is bright eyed and bubbly. She is my busy bee, always on the go, and yet still naps at least two hours a day. She is learning to be kind and her laugh feels the room. She teaches me to be strong, and happy, and try new things.

Tessa is my little bundle of joy. And by bundle, I mean chunky bundle. She is finally learning to sit up by herself. And just this past week she's learned how to clap. It's so cute! Tessa keeps me smiling. She loves being held and talked to. She loves watching Jordyn play and always laughs when Jordyn talks to her. She is tough, and pure, and charming...can girls be charming? She just draws people in with her little spirit and makes all the bad things in life go away.

And of course, I could never forget Trigger. He is getting big, but he's not as big now and he's going to be. He loves to play. He has learned that if he barks, just outside the window, we'll let him come in to sleep at night. (In his kennel!) He is fun to watch play with toys, buckets, cups, ropes, sticks...anything. He's a good dog!

We had a wonderful 24th of July with family. Jason, my Dad, and Jesse went golfing while me, Jordyn, Tessa, Julie, Heber, and Kara all went to the parade in Spanish Fork. We had a fun BBQ with my Mom's family at my Aunt Bonnie's house. Then that night we all went to the Rodeo. The 24th is one of my favorite holidays. I've always loved it, and have lots of memories of fun times with family on that day.

Speaking of family, let me tell you about all the family events we've had or are going to have. From May until Leslie's wedding in October there are 11 birthdays, 2 baby showers, 3 wedding showers, 4 weddings, 1 family reunion, 1 anniversary, 2 camping trips, and 1 Park City Trip. WOW! No wonder I need to manage my money a little better!

Well, by blog friend. Thanks again for reading. I hope you're having a good life too. Remember that there is a time and place for everything. A time to work hard, and a time to play. My girls are teaching me this. Thank Heaven for little girls!

Love,
Sara

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Being a Mom to little kids is so much fun but also so much work! Keep it up your doing a great job with those cute girls.

Jess said...

I didn't know Jason shot a bow. That's all Chris does right now too. FYI they have really cute little pink bows at Cabelas, Jordyn would look adorable shooting one!

Diana and Fam said...

I don't know how you handle a dog on top of kids. I feel like kids are almost too much as it is sometimes. Sounds like you are doing an awesome job raising your two beautiful girls. And don't worry too much about the binky..I didn't take my sons away till he turned 3.