Friday, January 14, 2011

Music To My Ears

I spent the day cleaning. Almost six hours worth of work. And I finally feel better about all those sicky germs floating around our house. Anyway, while I was cleaning I pulled out my IPOD. I'm just really tired of listen to Dora la Exploradora. Enserio!
.
I love music. I love how a church hymn can invite the spirit. I love how a cheesy country song can remind me of my Grandpa Johnson, or how grateful I am to be a mother, or how much I love the country I live in. I love how Jessie Clark Funk songs can remind me of my mission and the many things I learned while serving my Heavenly Father.
.
Today as I was listening I wrote down some of the words that really stuck out to me.
.
"I think I'll take a moment and celebrate ... "
Tim McGraw
..
In the song he says "my age" but I should be taking more moments to celebrate lots of things.
.
"You waved your hand and it was done. Said let it be and there it was. A mountain, so high, it broke through the sky. A canyon, so deep, it'd bring a man to his knees. I've seen what you can do, I've seen you make miracles and hopeless dreams come true. You made the Heavens and the stars ... "
Rascal Flatts
.
If you haven't heard the first part of this song you should. It is beautiful. (The rest of the song is about a guy who wants the love of his life back and he knows God can help him with that.) How grateful I am to a loving Father who created such an amazing world for us to enjoy!
.
"Talk is cheap and free advice is worth the price you paid."
Tim McGraw
.
"I told you so."
Carrie Underwood
.
"Times are hard and rents are high. What can a working girl do, but struggle through another day? . . . Then, I'll take care of you."
Dixie Chicks
.
This is another really beautiful song. A wife who does her best, works hard, and just wants to "take care of you" (you know who you are!). Sometimes I feel like I'm not very good at this, but I hope that someone knows how much I love him, always think about him, want him to be happy, and try my best to take care of him.
.
Last of all....My very favorite....
.
"It's not about living another man's life, but seeing your own in a different way."
Rodney Atkins
.
I needed to hear this today. I needed to be reminded that my life is good. I have all I need. I'm happy. My girls are happy. We're healthy (or getting there) and we love each other.
.
Thank you cheesy country music for an uplifting day!

No comments: