Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I'm Thankful * Day Fourteen & Day Fifteen

I've been thinking all day about what to write for today, and yesterday. Last night I finished a pile of ironing that had been growing for weeks. 24 shirts. Ugh! It was nice to get done, but then I was too tired to blog. Tonight I'm too emotional, or something. I think I had one of "those" days, where everything just felt wrong. But, still. I do have things to be thankful for.


Couponing

I love to coupon. I love getting good deals. I love seeing how low I can get my grocery bill. But more than that, I'm so grateful I know how to use coupons because I can give. Tonight was the food drive for the youth in our ward. It felt so great to hand them two boxes, packed full. Jason and I love giving to others. ((Jason is probably one of the most generous people I know!)) This year, money is a little tighter because we've been doing the Dave Ramsey plan. (Another story, for another day.) Thanks to coupons we can still give, at least something.


Tessa

I'm sitting in the TV room while I'm listening to Jason talk to Tessa. He asked her how she was. Then she gave him a kiss. Then she sang "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" (seriously SO CUTE). Then he told her it was time for bed. "But Daddy," she says, "we forgot to brush our teeth. I need knuckles. Now a high five." Now she's sitting on the couch with me. "Mama," she says, "my feet and hands are cold. Oh, your hand is warm. Will you share your ganket (blanket) with me? I need someone to sleep with me. I'll go get my ganket and sleep with you on the couch. Dora is my friend. Is it snowing outside? Dora is bigger than me. I'm getting tired. Mom, here's my belly button. Dora and Boots, it's winter outside. You need a winter coat." --Not sure what I did to deserve this kid. Not much today, I can promise that.

Tomorrow will be better. I will be a better mom.

1 comment:

Katy said...

I love that stream of sentences Tessa says at the end. What a cutie! I hope you know you're a great mom. I am completely in awe of your coupon-ing skills! That's a lot of work to go through so that you can give it to the food drive. What a generous gift!

And by the way, when you're pregnant, you get mental health days. That's when you let the kids watch TV all day long and you forget about house work while you do whatever you want to rejuvenate. I think you're supposed to take at least 1/month. ;)