Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I'm Thankful * Weekend Catchup

*Day Five - Bedtime*

I love bedtime. Mine for sure, but totally the girls'. Especially when they are so good about it. We brush teeth, we read stories, and we say prayers. The girls give Jason and I kisses and then he zooms them into bed. It's the bedtime routine I love. ((Much better than those "other nights" when it's a big fight.)) I think what I love most of all is hearing the girls talk to each other when we leave the room. Sometimes they tell stories. They talk about Dora or playing house. They sing songs, and say extra prayers. It's super cute!


*Day Six - Primary*

I am the secretary in the primary in our ward. I love it, most of the time. The kids are super fun and always surprising me with comments that remind me how close they are to the spirit. I love how eager they each are to answer questions or hold up posters. I'm grateful for their examples of kindness and love. They love their teachers. They love to learn. I'm grateful for the music and the spirit it brings.


*Day Seven - Family Home Evening*

I'm so thankful for Family Home Evening. I love how simple it can be. The girls listen, and learn. And Jason and I learn from them. We're not that good at it, but we're trying. One week at a time we're inviting the Spirit into our home to help us learn a little bit more about our Heavenly Father and the plan He has for each of us.


*Day Eight - Friends*

I'm a pretty lucky girl to have such great friends in my life. They listen to me. They let me complain about stupid things. They are good examples to me. I'm lucky to be able to listen to them, even though most of the time I feel like I'm not as good at it as they are. I learn from them, about life, challenges, mistakes, lessons learned.

No comments: